Starcolt is searching the starry skies for a new short-term addition to our team – a versatile 3D Generalist to help support our art team on our next title, HLS. We’re an independent games studio based in central Wellington, part of the Alliance Studio Group alongside our brother studio Zachtronics. We’re crafting simulation games that make you feel things – whether that’s a giggle, or a flutter of the heart. We firmly believe in the emotional power of games as a medium as well as cultivating a healthy work environment to make them, and we hope you do too.
- Proficiency in Maya (or equivalent);
- Proficiency in Substance Painter/Designer (preferred);
- Comfortable with Unreal Engine integration, material blueprints and PBR workflow;
- Experience in 3D high poly & low poly modelling;
- Experience using source control in a team environment (currently Git);
- Experience with first person rig animation
This role is contract-based with potential remote opportunity – we do prefer the team to be in the studio with us in Wellington, New Zealand, but we understand that for this role that may not be possible! Please also note this is not a full-time role, and hours may vary during development dependent on requirements of production. As we are in early production, the current weekly hours are generally from 5-15 hours per week and the contractor will be roughly required between March and May 2021. There is potential for hours to increase as the project progresses but this is not guaranteed.
If this ad has piqued your interest, then please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- your C.V./resume;
- links to your portfolio demonstrating the ability to do the above responsibilities;
- a cover letter;
- your hourly rates
Applications will close EOD March 19th NZST, 2021.
Starcolt is an equal opportunity employer and seeks qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or national origin. Women and diverse applicants are encouraged to apply.